Sunday, September 21, 2008

Only one way to describe it!

Community Fair was awesome! Lots of work, but more fun than work and was received well, once again, by the community! We had about 100 workers and around 300 visitors. We had a lot of fun, food and sweets! Lots of bake off entries..it was awesome! Lots of wonderful goodies, lots of smiles and happy people! Still some obstacles had to be overcome before we got going, but we were not defeated! Did I mention they yummy bake off entries??! Our judges had a great time tasting everything and they did a great job. I know it was a difficult thing to do, but they endured! :) I got 3rd place for a pie that I entered, so not too bad considering I was in competition with lots of great cooks and many other entries! The whole thing was great and we'll be writing down ideas and getting ready for next year at our follow-up meeting this week. I'm so thankful to everyone who helped pull it all together and who prayed for the event. I also am thankful for everyone who attended. I hope that everyone was blessed in some way by being there and being a part of the community event!

No comments: