Monday, September 15, 2008

5 days until...

Community Fair! It's just around the corner. So hard to believe! Most of our obstacles that we faced this year have been overcome. The other things--we just improvised. We still have MUCH to do this week, including our food and supply shopping, finishing up the booths and signs, getting info ready, making sure all of the last minute details are done, PRAYING, organizing and .... I have a huge list! We'll start praying and working on Thursday evening around 6 and in hopes that we won't need to be there on Friday night--so we can get ready for the bake off and get some rest because Saturday will be fast and furious! My goal is to be done by 9 on Thursday, but we'll see how that goes, but we have to have a goal! I know it's so hard for everyone to do all these things on week nights with work and school the next day and goodness knows we all need our beauty sleep! LOL

We have an excellent crew working together to get this all accomplished and I know that everything will work out just fine. We'll get it all done and with time to spare, I'm sure.

Did I mention the bake off? Yeah, I still don't know what I'm fixing yet, but it will be something. I've got to try to win another blue ribbon. That was one of my highlights last year! Of all the cooking and serving that I've done...I'd never been in a competition before and I won a blue ribbon, with my coconut-pineapple chess pie. I was quite proud and hope to accomplish that again this year. I'll have to report back and let you know. :)

I know one thing most people are looking forward to this year at the fair--the dunkin booth. Our Music Minister is already trying to get out of it, but he's not going to! We've got 5 people who've volunteered to be dunked this year, including him, so it's pretty exciting. Our youth will work hard and then reward themselves by getting to dunk Walker and Brian ... over and over, I'm sure! Everyone except James, the Music Minister, seems excited about the dunking booth, but who knows...James could find out that this is just what he's been missing and not want to get out! I doubt it, but hey...it could happen!

Check back next week for an update on the fair. I hope to get some pictures posted too.

No comments: