Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Busy, Busy...

Let me tell you what's going on with me right now--getting ready for Community Fair. Chalk Bluff Baptist Church will be having it's 8th annual community fair on 9/20/08 from 10-2. We've been working on it for a few months already and now we're down to crunch time! Only 11 days left to the event! It's so hard to believe. There is so much that has already been done, so much yet to do and then it will be here, done and over! It's exciting to be a part of such an event and I'm very blessed to be a part of it. It's tiring and exhausting, but the rewards are immeasurable. We've got work to do this weekend, a few evenings next week and then will start at about 6:30 that morning getting set up and being up and ready to go by 10AM! We normally have about 600 or so people pass through our fair and it's a totally FREE event that the community looks forward to every year. I have had the pleasure to have the opportunity to co-chair the event this year. I'm looking forward to it, but must admit I'm a little anxious for it to all come together, but I feel that way every year, even when I'm not co-chairing! LOL I have been blessed with many ready, willing and able people who have taken on tasks and taken the lead on a few areas and I'm so thankful! I could not have done all this without them. Our prayer is that God will be pleased with all that we do and that we won't do anything that is not pleasing to Him. So, if you get a chance, come out and see us. You'll be glad you did!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl... training hasn't been too bad. I'm glad you got your site going. Feel free to leave comments on my site anytime... I will be checking up on you... :) See you in a few weeks

Connie :)