Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Coincidence? No, I don't think so...

So, I decided to change some things on my layout. One thing I changed was the daily Bible verse. I decided I didn't like the look or the translation that was on before, and this IS my blog, so I CAN cange it! Today's verse is from Colossians 3. Guess what the message to our youth at church tonight was from our youth minister...YEP, Colossians 3: 1-17. Do you think this is a coincidence? I do not! I think that there is a reason for all things, a time and place for all things. I think that this is a message to me, to you, that we are to seek the things above, seeking Christ in all things, and making ourselves more like Him. Turn away from the old ways, we are raised in Christ, living a new life. Draw in the new things, live them, live like Christ, live for Christ. I love verse 16..."Let the word of Christ richly dwell within you, with all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another with psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with thankfulness in your hearts to God" Verse 17 goes on to say "Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father". Hmph...Pretty deep and good stuff! What do yo think? Do you live like Christ? Do you say and do all things in the name of the Lord? I don't--I'm just being honest. I strive to live better each day, trying to be more like Christ and letting my light shine, but life gets in the way sometimes. We think about things we shouldn't, worry about things, get angry, have attitude and all for what? God takes care of us and all things are for Him. We should praise Him and honor him in all that we say and do.

No comments: