Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Reflections

Tomorrow is new year's eve. That means 2009 is drawing to an end. Where has all the time gone? It certainly has been a quick year in lots of ways. Although the first few months seemed to drag on waiting on the house to sell, things from that point picked up. The house sold in March, I moved, the divorce was final in June, I promoted in June, have been on the road many weeks of the last 6 months due to the promotion, Jordan moved in August to Dallas, Joey moved in during November, I bought another car, Thanksgiving, Christmas and viola, year's end. WOW!!! So hard to believe. I've made lots of new friends in the last year. I've learned a lot about myself during the past couple of years and especially in the last year. I've learned more about my life, the way I live and the person that I desire myself to be.

I'm so grateful to God for the many blessings that He bestows upon me, each and every day. Certainly more than I deserve and just as many that I don't even realize. I truly want to live each day to the fullest and I want to be the best person that I can be.

When I think about the person that I am, I think that I'm pretty genuine. I try to always be honest and not give off any false appearances. I love doing things for other people. I'd much rather do the most complex thing for another person that to do the simplest of things for myself. That's just who I am. Most people who know me well, I think, would say that I tend to neglect myself by doing for others. I'm constantly being reminded to slow down, take time for me and do something for myself, not just always focusing on others. I try to do that too-something for me on occasion at least, but I truly am at my peak of happiness when I'm doing for others. I love being involved in my church and I miss it when my job takes me on the road. I love, love, love being a part of the leadership with the youth group and am so blessed to be able to do that. They make me so happy and keep me going. I try to be a leader and a friend and most of the time, it works. I try to teach them all to be responsible for their actions and to fess up when they screw up. That's not always easy, but it's about doing what's right.

So, as this year draws to a close, I hope to do more of the things that make me happy in the upcoming year, which is doing for others. I also plan to take some time for me and I have a few things in mind for myself in 2010 too. More on that later.

I hope that you will take a minute and reflect on the past year and see what milestones you've turned and how you've been blessed throughout the year.

No comments: