Friday, December 25, 2009

WOW!!!

I can't believe it's been so long since I last posted, again! I said I wasn't going to go that long, but time flies when you are having fun. It's been quite a year. Lots of changes and all for the good. I had a great Christmas and am so very blessed with family and friends. God is never failing and always amazing!

This year has had many changes, as I've said. I moved, divorce was final, I took a promotion, Jordan moved to Dallas and I have a college student now living with me. As I look around and think back over the year, I see God's hand at work in many things. All for the good, I might add. I'm a stronger person than I was this time a year ago, more involved in church and in life in general and have goals and plans in life. I expect this upcoming year to continue to be more of blessing as I live for God and see what He has in store for me. I want to live for Him, in His will and to be a light in the world.

As I've said to a couple of the youth lately, sometimes people are placed in our lives for only a season and sometimes the season changes quickly, sometimes it seems to never end and they remain in our lives forever. No matter what, I think we learn things from each of those people and seasons, not only about others but more about ourselves. I know that I have made some great new friends this past year. Some that I am closer to than others and we are friends each in different ways. I think it is interesting that I am who I am and I don't try to put on a facade for anyone and try to be me all the time. (what you see is what you get!) I try to always be real and not fake in any way. It's amazing when you have friends who actually tell you that they see that in you, especially when it is someone you haven't known that long and they tell you that the more they get to know you the more they see that. It's quite flattering when they tell you that they admire you and wish they could be more like you. I can't say that I've ever felt like anyone has felt that way about me. It's a bit humbling in that I am realizing that while I do not live life to the full potential that God intends for me and I falter in many ways, I am at least a bit of a light in the darkness of the world and to come across as a real (genuine) person and just put myself out there with honesty.

I have some goals for the future, one of which is to continue to be a genuine person--and in doing so, share the things that God teaches me thru my life and actions. I want to draw closer to God this year, each and every day! I want to make it a point to find something each day that is delivered by God, whether it's a beautiful sky, an opportunity to do something I've never done before, share something with someone that God has done for me, or just be more thankful for the little things such as an upfront parking space...all things are gifts from God and we just have to open our eyes! I think sometimes we walk around with our eyes half closed and don't realize all the little gifts. We tend to not always notice even the large ones! What about you? Will you open your eyes this year?

Well, until next time...

No comments: