Tuesday, January 5, 2010

weather...

It's cold and getting colder. I do not like the cold! It's just a fact about me, I don't like it. I'd rather be warm, hot even, rather than cold. Some people like to say that you can always put on more clothes or cover up more when you are cold but you can't always take off enough clothes when you are hot. While that may be true to a point, it doesn't matter how many clothes you put on or how much you cover up, once you are chilled to the bone or your feet get cold, you stay cold.

It's amazing to me that in an office building, of course you'll never have everyone agree on the temperature, but it is hard to understand how you can say that the temp should be no more than 70 in winter and 72 in the summer. That just doesn't make sense. I can't be a flat temperature. And in some areas where there are drafts, the temp should be kicked up/down a degree or two to compensate for the cold draft or like in the summer where direct sunlight is coming in making that part of the room/area hotter. There are way too many factors in my opinion to just say it has to stay at a flat temperature and that it's controlled remotely at that allowing for no adjustments. And by who's definition is it "winter" or "summer" to know which temp to put it on...that in itself can be subjective!

Can you tell I've been cold recently? Yep, I have and it's only going to get colder over the next few days so they say. YUCK. That means more layers and and not being comfortable at work due to drafts. They also don't like us to have space heaters. I have a plastic one that puts out enough warm air to make a huge difference for me personally and doesn't get hot enough to cause a fire hazard. Guess what! Like it or not, I've got to have it going. In addition to just being uncomfortable and achy when I get cold and chilled to the bone with purple fingers and cold feet, it doesn't help my headaches due to the constriction of the blood flow from the shrinking blood vessels. So...warm I intend to be, at least as much as is in my control. A rebel of sorts in this case. Did I mention I don't like being cold? hmph...

No comments: